Welder 1st & 2nd Shift
Under direct supervision, set up and perform any one (1) of the following welding processes to produce bellows capsules using standard materials and metals: TIG ID, TIG OD, or Laser ID.
Work from drawings and other documented work instructions. Make standard set-ups and maintain operating conditions. Inspect parts using basic measuring equipment including micrometers, verniers, and leak check equipment.
Requirements: HS Diploma or equivalent
Under direct supervision, operate CNC machine shop equipment where little or no set-up is required and perform highly-repetitive tasks in accordance with work instructions.
- Achieve and maintain appropriate Operator Authorization(s) as required.
- Work from basic blueprints, material requests, methods sheets, or other written work instructions.
- Perform other various basic secondary operations including deburring and polishing parts.
- Inspect complex parts using a wide variety of measuring devices and equipment applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Basic computer knowledge to perform labor transactions, and other required functions.
Requirements: HS Diploma or equivalent. 1-3 years experience.
Senior Customer Service Representative
Coordinate and perform a broad variety of customer support and technical sales-related functions for a wide variety of custom-engineered products. Interact with customers via telephone and/or email to respond to complex inquiries regarding Company products and/or order status. General knowledge of all Company products to respond customer service-related requests.
- Initiate, process, and maintain a wide variety of order and customer-related data in the operating system including. Review and acknowledge customer Purchase Orders.
- Ensure customer is apprised of order and delivery status and respond to all customer inquiries.
- Attend production meetings for order status and proactively apprise customer of changes to the delivery schedule. Serve as primary liaison between Planning and Customer to ensure on-time delivery.
- Regularly review customer portals/websites as required for delivery, quality, and other customer-related requirements.
- Prepare formal quotes using established pricing guidelines for OTS (off-the-shelf) components with appropriate lead time and serve as back-up for commercial aftermarket airline components.
- Process and distribute non-commercial aftermarket repairs and returns.
- Review export orders for documentation requirements. Work with Account Managers to ensure proper export classification and assist with preparation of export documentation for shipments when required.
A minimum of an Associate’s Degree, along with 3-5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience with Oracle, or similar order entry module is preferred, but not required.